How to Light a Fire
Our handy guide to lighting your first fire
When customers light their fire for the first time they can encounter a number of problems, here’s our tips for a quick, easy and stress free lighting experience.
1. If you are burning wood, leave a bed of ash.
2. Build up a jenga tower with your kindling.
3. We can highly recommend Flamers Firelighters… £5.99 a box.
4. Light your firelighter.
5. All vents need to be opened, and the door on the latch, to maximise air intake into the stove when lighting.
6. Let your kindling burn to pre-heat the flue.
7. Select smaller logs initially, until your fire is established! Close the door fully and use air controls.